Today is my birthday! Many years ago I had a birthday party with cupcakes, specifically baked for smooshing into my friends faces. That’s what happened in the picture. It was definitely, the best birthday party, I’ve ever had.
I, along with my twin sister Brittan, turned 19 today. I thought it would be fun to follow the trend and make a list article of nineteen things I’ve learned in the years leading up to this moment.
- It’s okay to not be friends with people that are making you unhappy or you don’t like hanging out with. You are not required to be friends with everyone.
- Never get your hair thinned. It only makes the frizzing worse.
- It’s okay to change your mind about something even if you were very adamant about your original opinion.
- Reading a book will make you feel better.
- There is actually a way to clip your toenails without giving yourself ingrown nails.
- I am not good at cleaning up after myself.
- High heels are amazing.
- Apparently, my boobs are not done growing yet.
- There is no reason not to take a risk when it comes to hairstyles because it always grows back.
- Everyone around including your siblings, parents, friends and extended family are all their own person living their own life that is just as complex and important as yours.
- Wolves are some of the coolest animals in the world.
- All of your opinions are colored by you privileges and experiences.
- Living alone is difficult, but doable. So long as you go outside almost every day.
- Onsies never go out of style.
- You don’t really need that random trinket from when you were seven that has little to no significance.
- You can write fifty thousand words in a month while working full time (Still not sure how I managed this for Camp NaNoWriMo 2013).
- Good content should be determined by how proud you are of it, not how many clicks it gets.
- The newest Vlogbrothers video may be long or heavy, but it’s still worth a watch.
- Journaling usually makes you feel better, especially if you can keep up with it for an extended period of time.
Some important life lessons. Some silly facts about me. All of it adds up to me: a person who is has now been on this world for 19 years. How wild is that?
Until next time,